All except your call history and payment messages will be able to make the jump
It’s easy to move WhatsApp chats between Android phones. Meta announced a solution last week, but it was only for beta testers. This has changed now with an announcement making the solution available to everyone.
Anybody with WhatsApp 188.8.131.52 and above on Android 5.0+ or WhatsApp 184.108.40.206 on iOS 15.5+, can easily transfer the former to the latter. It’s not as seamless as an Android-to-Android transfer, but it does the job with one small drawback: your call history and payment messages will not be transferred.
Connect both phones to the same Wi Fi network. Next, download Apple’s Move To iOS app to the Android phone. Also, install WhatsApp on the iPhone. Open the Move to iOS app, and follow the instructions. The code displayed on your iPhone will be entered into your Android device. Once you have completed the on-screen instructions, open WhatsApp on your iOS device. Log in with the same number as your old device. After a prompt appears, you will be prompted to download the app. Once you are done, you’ll see your chats.
These instructions have been cut corners. For more information, visit this help page. Although the process appears to be more complicated than an iPhone-to-Android transfer, the good news is that you don’t require a USB to Lightning cable. This guide will show you how to transfer data from Android to iPhone.
- Follow the prompts on the screen to open the Move to iOS app for Android.
- Your iPhone will display a code. Enter the code in your Android phone when prompted.
- Tap Continue to follow the prompts.
- Choose WhatsApp from the Transfer Data screen.
- Tap Start on your Android smartphone and wait for WhatsApp’s export data preparation. Once the data has been processed, you’ll be signed in to your Android phone.
- Tap Next to return the Move to iOS app.
- Tap Continue to transfer data from your Android smartphone to your iPhone. Wait for Move to iOS to confirm that the transfer is complete.
- Get the latest version WhatsApp from the App Store.
- Log in to WhatsApp using the same number as your old device.
- When prompted, tap Start and wait for the process to finish.
- After activating your device, you will see your chats ready for you.